You are welcome to enjoy our brand new Pickleball outdoor courts at Aruba Beach Club & Casa Del Mar. Yes!, the courts are open and ready for you 😃
For those of you not yet familiar with this popular game, let us introduce you to pickleball. Pickleball is an indoor or outdoor racket/paddle sport where two players (singles), or four players (doubles), hit a perforated hollow polymer ball over a 36-inch-high (0.91 m) net using solid faced paddles. Pickleball was invented in 1965 as a children’s backyard game on Bainbridge Island, Washington, USA. The appearance of a pickleball court, and the manner of play, resemble tennis, but the court is the size of a doubles badminton court, less than a third the size of a tennis court.
Now are you up for the challenge? Here is what you should know: Courts must be reserved at the ABC Front Desk, no walk-ons.
TENNIS & PICKLEBALL COURT RULES
- Courts must be reserved in advance at the ABC Front Desk, no walk-ons. o Tennis & Pickleball facilities are provided strictly for the guests of the Aruba Beach Club & Casa del Mar Resorts.
- Court Hours from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
- Use Tennis & Pickleball courts at your own risk. The surface is slippery when wet.
- Tennis & Pickleball are games for ladies and gentlemen, please behave accordingly.
- No loud noise, music, profanity, or unsportsmanlike behavior on the courts. o Do not abuse the equipment or net(s). There will be a $125.00 charge for Pickleball paddles that are damaged or not returned.
- No alcoholic beverages, canned drinks, coffee, glass, pets, food or gum.
- Smoking is prohibited on the courts.
- Proper Tennis & Pickleball court shoes must be worn at all times. No heels or cleats.
- Be considerate and limit playtime to 1 hour if there are people waiting to play.
- Tennis court is strictly for Tennis and Pickleball courts are strictly for Pickleball, no others activities please.
- No rollerblading, skateboards, bicycles, scooters, street hockey etc. on the courts.
- Adult supervision required for players under the age of 16.
Looking for a Family Oriented Resort?
Come and relax with us on the world’s most beautiful beach resort in Aruba. Let the cares and stress of the world melt away as you enjoy the crystal blue waters and snow-white sand under your feet. Our amazing staff will tend to your every need and there are plenty of places to get a great meal or a cold beverage. When you visit our world-class beach front resort you can expect to be treated like royalty.